"The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only may he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."
1. This is a country where anyone can be elected to political office...it's just a chance we take.
2. If pride goes before a fall... what goes before
3. In thirty years of work, I never missed a day...
I still don't.
4. Life is about 50% of what you may or not be able to do with it ...and 50% or so is what's left.
5. Hard work is as overrated... as easy living is underrated.
6. Fishermen are the only people allowed...to lie.
7. Never overload your wagon...or your shoes.
8. You came into this world crying...try to
spend the rest of your time laughing.
9. In order to make both ends meet...you have to see both ends.
10. Mankind is capable of resisting everything...but a Krispy Kreme doughnut.
Sturdley Shinglehammer, the world's worst living poet, submits his bi-weekly
poetical scribblings. Oh, be still, my beating heart!
They took out my heart,
And stitched up the sucker;
Pulled out my gall bladder,
Through my navel pucker;
My prostate was trimmed;
My eye sight is dimmed.
Then came work on my spine,
Now hardly anything's left that's mine.
I suppose it has been a blessing mixed,
'Cause all I've got left is an appendix.
See the baboon cross the lagoon,
To get from here to there.
He dances, he prances,
He goes into trances.
What a marvel is his hair,
Like his behind,
So blue and bare.
MARK TWAIN ON PUNCTUATION...
Some people were not born to punctuate; these cannot learn the art. They can only learn a rude fashion of it; they cannot attain to its niceties, for those must be felt; they cannot be reasoned out. Cast-iron rules will not answer, here, any way; an what is one man's comma is another man's colon. One man cannot punctuate another man's manuscript any more than one person can make the gestures for another man's speech.
From: "Life As I Find It."
"He (Mark Twain) had one of the more wicked minds going."
"Wagner's music is better than it sounds."
"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative."
"I envy people who drink...at least they know what to blame everything on."
"When a true genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him."
All is opinion...at least, that's my opinion.
Copyright 2011 HTStone