Thursday, March 10, 2011

No. 43

 COUNT SNEAKY'S GENERIC MAXIMS...
NUMBER FORTY THREE...

"Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song. A medley of extemporanea; And love is a thing that can never go wrong; And I am Marie of Roumania."
 DOROTHY PARKER 
***
1. You could be in trouble if...what happened in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas, but followed you home.
***
2. Let reality be your teacher...and hope she doesn't keep you after school.
3. The best things in life are not free...but you can charge them.
***
4. He who hesitates...is usually well informed.
5. Thank God for computers...without them everything would be "human error."
***
6. Love conquers all...except mortgage 
and credit card balances.
7. If you think you're on the right track...let 'er roll!
***
8. To charm the socks off someone...
first make sure you remove their shoes.
9. Relax...all the adults have
left the room.
***
10. Chopping wood for someone else will warm you up...even if you don't have a fireplace.
***

Blog By Special appointment to HRH Marie of Roumania

THE PROVERBIAL DOROTHY PARKER
***
THEORY
Into love and out again,
Thus I went, and thus I go.
Spare your voice, and hold your pen--
Well and bitterly I know
All the songs were ever sung,
All the words were ever said;
Could it be, when I was young,
Some one dropped me on my head?
~~~
"Because of circumstances, I didn't finish high school. But, by God, I read."
~~~
UNFORTUNATE COINCIDENCE
By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is,
Infinite and undying...
Lady, make a note of this:
One of you is lying.
~~~
GRANDE PASSION
If you should break your beauteous nose,
My love would perish, I suppose;
Or did your hair go limp and straight,
I might again be celibate.
Were you to slide your step, and peer,
You'd see my little back, I fear;
But lose, my love, your soul and sense...
I should not know the difference.
~~~
THIS IS 
ON ME.
(Proposed epitaph for her tombstone.)
~~~

WWWPD? What would Winnie the Pooh Do?
POOH-POOH IT!
COPYRIGHT HTSTONE 2011

2 comments:

Judie said...

Oh, I needed you so badly today, Count! I, who am never sick, am sick with a horrible head cold! I really needed something to make me forget the runny nose, the constant sneezing, and the aching ears! You always know just what to say. You are like the perfect Hallmark card! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

TALON said...

I loved number 5, Count Sneaky. Well, to be honest, I loved them all. I always end up laughing out loud when I come here and that's an awesome thing :)