Friday, December 10, 2010

No.32

"I've been things and seen places."
MAE WEST



1. The truth will be stranger even...than your relatives.
***
2. A man cannot be too rich or too handsome...
he can be too ugly though.
3. Light your candles at both ends...in case one goes out.
***
4. If the world is a school what I want to know is...
when is recess.
5. Two's company...three is "The Muskateers."
***
6. These days you don't know whether things are...
fakes, genuine imitations, or authentic replicas.
7. You can't take your life back...if you don't remember where you left it.
***
8. Don't let the weeds clog up your garden...or your mind.
 
 9. Your work should speak for itself... not mumble 
incoherently.
***
10. In life, night follows day...desire follows sales.
***
"Behind the phony tinsel of Hollywood lies the real tinsel."
OSCAR LEVANT


"When men are free to do as they choose, they usually imitate each other."
ERIC HOFFER



"If you want a thing done well, do it yourself."
NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

"A creative artist works on his next composition because he is not satisfied with his previous one."
DIMITRI SHOSTAKOVICH



Friends we are today,
And friends we will always be,
For I am wise to you,
And you can see through me.

From: Toasts For Every Occasion ed. by Jennifer Rahel Conover

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


Copyright HTStone 2010

5 comments:

TALON said...

No. 6 had me laughing out loud! That is so so true, Count Sneaky!

I didn't know Napoleon had instigated that saying, but it's one my father always said.

Happy Holidays!

klahanie said...

Hello Count Sneaky,
Henry, once again, you have delighted with your very clever and food for thought, lists.
Brilliant and this is not a genuine imitation or an authentic replica of a comment:-)
May you and your loved ones have a peaceful weekend.
Kind wishes, Gary

TALON said...

A crow that lived to be 118? Now that's amazing!

Count Sneaky, I loved the Eric Hoffer quote...so very true!

Hope you and Helen have a beautiful holiday season, Henry!

nothingprofound said...

Count-#9. As I advance in years, the temptation to mumble incoherently gets stronger and stronger. I can't help but feeling that clarity is overrated.

Anonymous said...

I'm with NP. I never had clarity to begin with anyway. I think. I'm not sure...