Friday, September 23, 2011

No. 68


"Poets are born, not paid."
WILSON MIZNER


1. Life is like a jig-saw puzzle...
but you only get one piece at a time.
***
2. Never trust conventional wisdom...
there's too much of it.


3. There's no accounting for taste...
just the money it produces.
***
4. I have a job...it's just my mind that's unemployed.


5. Marriage gives two people the
opportunity to continually ask...
what's for dinner.
***
6. The wind does not exist to provide us
with a cool breeze...but it does so
with gusto.

7. If you want a great guilt trip...
go to Paris.
***
8. You can have a really bad day...
if you forget to plug in your
"power lunch."


9. Careful. Your "constructive criticism"
can deconstruct someone.
***
10. Don't take yourself too seriously or
others for granted.


"I have been invited to the Farmer's Ball and I'm
going. I need to sow some wild oats..."


The All-New Fleetwood Mac Zephyr Z-790 diesel model, 2 cylinder, three wheel, motorized / pedalable flyer is now available at your local, convenient, VALUE-ADDED FLEETWOOD MAC ZEPHYR Z-790 DEALER.


Suggested title for an autobiography:
"The Almost Daily Exploits Of Me."

VOW
I'll kiss your hand,
I'll massage your feet,
Then you'll be mine,
When our lips meet.
***
DRAGON TALE
Lost in a purple haze,
A dragon met a wizard,
Wandering in a daze.
They worked a spell,
With book and bell,
And landed in a maze.
By Sturdley Shinglehammer
The world's worst living poet.


***

The award above was awarded to me for being me.
It is my very own award, soon to be coveted; or ignored; or despised. It will be awarded(?) from time to time to anyone I deem worthy for reasons of my own. There are no requirements whatsoever.
CopyrightHTStone2011

NOTE: You are not allowed to leave this blog without a smile, a laugh or feeling better about your life.

No comments: