"It is absurd to have a rule about what one should read and what one shouldn't.
More than half of modern culture depends on what one shouldn't read."
1. Nobody likes cynics...they may be telling the truth.
2. If you can't think for yourself...there are plenty of others who will do it for you for free.
3. You are the potter ...and the clay.
4. Tomorrow is irreversible...if not attended to today.
5. Money casts a long shadow...and creates a lot of shade...
6. Making too many pivotal decisions...can leave your head spinning.
7. Enjoy the little things in life...they happen a lot more often than the big things.
8. If your dog could talk, he wouldn't stop flattering you... your cat, on the other hand, would present you with a list of demands.
9. When you come to a fork in the road...pick it up it may be your silverware pattern.
10. Few things in life are more exhausting than the pursuit of happiness.
There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and
open a vein.
I can't write five words but that I change seven.
When I had to face, the very bitter lesson that everyone who wants to write has got to learn, was that a thing may in itself be the finest piece of writing one has ever done, and yet have absolutely no place in the manuscript one hopes to publish.
From The Writer's Quotation Book, Third Edition, Edited by James Charlton.
Hedley Flaubert, Jr. writes from Capote Corners: My complaint concerns some of the places where our state and federal government have not done a very good job in inspection and enforcement of laws designed to aid those of our citizens who may need a hand getting around Capote Corners. We, I mean they, need a hand when it comes to strip clubs without wheelchair ramps, handicapped parking, and automatic doors; as well as handicap accessible rest rooms, and diaper changing facilities. After personally inspecting each of the ten clubs in this area including one nude dancing club, I can say this situation is disgraceful and should be looked into by our concerned citizens anxious to bring equality of opportunity to those who need a hand.
Signed: Hedley Gustave Flaubert, Jr., Capote Corners.
GITCHA FISH LURES NOW!
Bass-Busting, Stump-Jumping, Weed-Sucking, Slip-Sliding, Sap-Sucking, Bump-Thumping, Mud-Thudding, Fish Gitters!
CAUSE FOR PAUSE
Nonsense is the end result of all sense.
Copyright 2010 H.T. Stone