"We shouldn't teach great books; we should
teach love of reading."
1. You're not to old to stay in the game...if you remember the rules.
2. The trouble with dream homes is... that they turn into nightmares.
3. If you rattle somebody's cage ...don't be surprised if you get punched through the bars.
4. Rising expectations match...receeding hairlines.
5. Stupidity...rarely triggers conscience.
6. Now that you have tried all seven deadly sins...have you settled on one.
7. Marriages made in Heaven require two heavenly bodies...angels.
8. Your child has a curious nature...if he tries to stretch his Slinky to its full length of 87 feet.
9. Enthusiasm is not only contagious...it can loosen the tightest purse strings.
10. If you want a second opinion ask your doctor...your wife will give you the first one.
SHEEP DIP FOR THE SOUL...
"What times! What ways of life!"
"Cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with a college education."
"Society is now one polish'd horde. Form'd of two mighty tribes, the Bores and the Bored."
"Literature is the art of writing something that will be read twice; journalism what will be read once."
"Publishing a volume of verse is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo."
"There is nothing so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."
Hi. I'm Strutz the Cat, mascot of this miserable blog and shameless flack. If I'm to earn my daily
Kibbles and Bits or whatever is on sale this week, I have to thank you for visiting the blog and particularly for leaving a comment like..."Who wrote this #?/@&% ?, or...I love your insight and wisdom please write my mother-in-law, and... I'm here for you every week, but where's that beautiful mascot cat, Strutz?"
Well, you get the message and I get a can of tuna fish. Not a bad deal. Okay, now please use "word of mouse" ( I love that phrase!) and e-mail your friends about this friendly little whatever it is blog.
Now do I get my can of tuna? Sheesh!
Count Sneaky and Helen
Copyright 2012 HTStone